Have Any Questions?
Visit the FAQ to learn more about Ohio Farm Bureau's structure, members and purpose.
Director of Legal Education
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide legal education and information to members and to serve as in-house counsel to Ohio Farm Bureau Federation and its affiliates.
1. Provide legal education and information (not advice) to members on assigned agricultural law topics by:
a. Developing and maintaining brochures, white papers, articles, etc.;
b. Conducting presentations, seminars, and meetings with county farm bureaus and other select agricultural organizations;
c. Responding to member questions through direct member contact and/or through Organization Directors; and
d. Referring members to appropriate outside legal counsel when necessary.
2. Maintain a current and extensive knowledge of developments in assigned areas of agricultural law.
3. Monitor legal cases important to agriculture and Farm Bureau, consult with outside counsel to enhance success of legal actions being handled by outside counsel that may impact members, and participate in legal actions as intervenor or amicus curiae as directed.
4. Review proposed legislation and rules in assigned areas at state and federal level.
5. Provide legal education and information to the public and assist with Ohio Center on Agricultural Law, Inc. (aka “legal foundation.”) administrative functions.
Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Public Policy, and the Director of Agricultural Law.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
2-3 years legal experience
Good communication skills (written and oral)
Broad knowledge of agricultural issues is desirable.
Deadline to apply: March 21, 2014