- Van Wert
Save the Date: Jan. 30 for Dinner and an issues update.
2013 was a very successful year for the Crawford County Farm Bureau. The local chapter received 3 excellence awards for programming Dec.5 at the OFBF Annual Meeting. Local policies and events are planned to support agriculture and improve our communities.
In 2013 we supported local community and youth programs:
- Paid ½ cost to attend OFBF/Ohio FFA Leadership at Camp Muskingum.
- Donated money for educational trips like FFA Conventions and leadership awards at the county chapters.
- Provided awards at the Crawford County Fair, sponsored the Barnyard Olympics and donated money to the electrical upgrade for the fairgrounds.
- Hosted Water Quality meeting in collaboration with Richland County Farm Bureau for area farmers to discuss current issues, ideas and options to retain more nutrients in the soil.
- Donated $2000.00 to study "Edge of Field" water copmposition.
- Provided ½ tuition cost to Young Ag Professionals leadership conferences.
- Crawford 20/20 events.
New Young Professionals group established to provide networking and leadership development. Anyone is welcome toattend the events, regardless of Farm Bureau membership. For more information, join the Facebook group or contact the county office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Taste of Crawford County, a Grow and Know event held in cooperation with the area Chambers of Commerce, was held at the fairgrounds to give residents a chence to taste local foods, meet farmers and have questions answered by a panel of experts. The program raised $750 which was donated to local food pantries.
Now, we are ready to start the new year. Please join us for an update on issues, upcoming legislative concerns and kick-off meeting. Reservations are required by noon Jan. 30.
- Dinner 6 p.m.
- Galion Pizza Hut
- Thursday, January 30
For reservations or to find out more about Farm Bureau events and local opportunities,Contact the Crawford County Farm Bureau today! crawford @ofbf.org or 800-327-6055.
"Like" us on Facebook!