- Van Wert
Farm to Plate volunteers needed!
Richland County Farm Bureau is partnering up for an exciting summer project and we need your help! Hazel Grove Farm Bureau Community Council came up with a super idea to promote local farms/food products and healthy, seasonal eating habits.
We will be using this as a “Know and Grow” event which will help publicize the event through the Our Ohio publications and online. The first demo will be Saturday, July 20 and we will host every two weeks through September.
Several people across these involved partners will need to serve on committees to ensure this project is a success. Fred Cooke is the event coordinator. The committees are:
1. Chefs Committee – Susie Fry is the chair -- chefs have been reserved.
2. Equipment Committee -- Work with chefs to ensure items needed each week are ready to go.
3. Food Committee -- Secure food items for weekly menu
4. Education Committee--Weekly Display for menu items – “where food comes from” type things: e.g. the first week is a chicken dish, so we needed a fact sheet/poster on chickens.People on hand to talk to interested consumers
5. Promotion Committee -- Help with articles and advertising. Possible technical help with camera and viewing screen and taping of other scenes during events
Several hands make light work, so let us know which committee fits your talents and where you are able to pitch in and help!
Please contact Eileen at the county office 419-747-7488 or [email protected] or Fred Cooke at 419-295-6583 to volunteer, or ask questions