- Van Wert
Save the Date: Jan 23 for dinner at Steve's Dakota Grill!
2013 was a very successful year for the Richland County Farm Bureau. The local chapter received 3 excellence awards for programming Dec.5 at the OFBF Annual Meeting. Local policies and events are planned to support agriculture and improve our communities.
$1430 donated to Harmony House and local food pantries from our annual Farmers’ Share Breakfast. We work with the county FFA Chapters to serve a healthy breakfast and highlight local agricultural assets.
Support of local youth programs
- Pay ½ cost to attend OFBF/Ohio FFA Leadership at Camp Muskingum
- Provide annual scholarships to local youth
- Donate money for educational trips like FFA Conventions, etc.
- Provide awards at the Richland County Fair, host the Barnyard Olympics and work a shift in the Fairhaven Cafeteria: money from the cafeteria is put back into the fair facilities.
Hosted Water Quality meeting in collaboration with Crawford County Farm Bureau for area farmers to discuss current issues, ideas and options to retain more nutrients in the soil.
Provided ½ tuition cost to Young Ag Professionals leadership conferences.
Worked with the Hazel Grove Community Farm Bureau Council to launch the Richland County Farm to Plate program at the Shelby Farmers’ Market. Made possible by community support from Richland Community Development Group, Creating Healthy Communities Program at the Health Department, Ohio Farm Bureau, Shelby Foundation, Shelby FFA, Shelby Fire Department, and Friends of the Blackfork 6 Chefs donated time and talent to show how to prepare healthy, fresh, local foods.
Now, we are ready to start the new year. Please join us for an update on issues, upcoming legislative concerns and kick-off meeting. Reservations are required by 10 a.m. Tuesday Jan. 23.
- Dinner 6:30 pm
- Steve's Dakota Grill Northwoods Grill Chicken or Smokehouse Burger with fries and choice of soup
- Thursday, January 23
To make reservations or find out more about Farm Bureau events and local opportunities,Contact the Richland County Farm Bureau today! firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-747-7488.
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!