Foundation Programs & Events
Spring 2014 - Foundation Golf Invitational
The 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation Invitational Golf Outing will take place Monday, June 30 at Jefferson Country Club, 7271 Jefferson Meadows Drive, Blacklick, Ohio.
To register for the OFBF Foundation Invitational Golf Outing, or to obtain further information, contact David Rule (614-246-8210) or e-mail email@example.com.
This year's honoree is Kathy Redmond.
Kathy began her career in 1979 with GatesMcDonald. She moved to the company's Workers’ Compensation Division in 1987 where she was introduced to the Ohio Farm Bureau, becoming the contact for the organization's workers’ compensation telephonic consulting service. She has been involved with the Ohio Farm Bureau workers’ compensation group rating program since its inception in 1991. She has been instrumental expanding the program for agriculture businesses only to include any industry doing business in Ohio.In September 2009 Kathy transitioned to CompManagement, Inc. and continued as the Client Services Manager for the Ohio Farm Bureau workers’ compensation group rating program. Kathy is a member and past president of the Charity Newsies in Columbus, a nonprofit organization that provides new clothing to school-aged children in Franklin County. In her spare time she volunteers for many activities within the community, including the Dublin Irish Festival and the Columbus St. Patrick’s Day Parade sponsored by the Shamrock Club of Columbus. Kathy and her husband Mike have been married for 38 years and have one son Patrick, daughter-in-law Torrie, and a granddaughter, Nora.
For information on golf and future sponsorship opportunities, please contact: David Rule 614-246-8210 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rural-Urban Community Auction
Fall 2014 - Ohio Farm Bureau's "Family of Foundations" Sponsors Rural-Urban Community Auction
Education and outreach - Farm and rural leaders are working together to generate resources that create programs that promote agriculture as an industry, focal point for community development, and a rewarding way of life. With this in mind, the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation (Foundation), the Animals for Life Foundation (AFL) and the Ohio Center of Agricultural Law, Inc. (OCAL) cordially invite you to donate to and/or participate in the Ninth Annual Rural - Urban Community Silent Auction.
The event will be held Nov. 10 - Dec. 9, 2014 via the Internet at www.biddingforgood.com and will be featured on the national Bidding for Good Network. The auction concludes with a final “live” session held in conjunction with the Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Annual Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Columbus, Dec. 11, 2014.
Farm Bureau’s friends and neighbors who donate an auction item receive the following benefits:
* Special recognition in Internet publication projects associated with the event. Moreover, our auction is a national participant in the Bidding for Good Network. Consumers looking for one of a kind gift items will have easy access to our website. Your item, representing your business, will have exposure on local, state and national levels.
* Special Internet Linkage – While your item will be highlighted in our auction premium catalogue, you have the ability to invite auction participants to discover more about your organization and/or business. Using your logo, auction participants can point, click and be automatically linked to an Internet website of your choosing. It’s a great way to invite a variety of Farm Bureau friends and neighbors to visit and get to know you better.
Suggested auction items included the following:
* Auction Basket – You can create a “basket” of items that highlights the unique history and heritage of your organization and/or business, and any possible connection to Farm Bureau. Besides using a basket, the container itself can be a special identifier, too.
* Special Product – The item can be any item that has been manufactured, hand crafted and/or artistically enhanced to promote your company.
* Other Special Item – Got that special piece of sports memorabilia, trip/getaway package or unique item that will make people say “WOW!” We can highlight those items, too!
Proceeds from the auction are used to support the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation’s grant and scholarship programs, AFLF's education and community outreach projects, as well as the Agricultural Law Center's outreach and research programs.
Click Here for a PDF version of 2014 Auction Participation Form
Click Here for a PDF version of our Item Acceptance Policies & Guidelines