The success of Ohio Farm Bureau is due in large part to the success county Farm Bureaus achieve in their local communities. County Farm Bureau Action Teams are groups of Farm Bureau members who come together each year to set the agenda regarding the issues, events and projects their respective Farm Bureau deems important and worthy of attention. Contact your county Farm Bureau office if you would like to serve on an action team.
Counties operate with three action teams: Organization, Communications, and Public Policy. An action leader leads each team, with help from three to five participants who have special interest in team activities or special skills to offer.
It is up to each county's board of trustees to check on the level of progress being made toward the county's stated goals for the year. Ohio Farm Bureau offers an achievement award program where counties show their program results. Counties compete against other counties of similar membership size to determine the best of the best.
Awards criteria include member involvement, planning, implementation and results.
Here is the Core Funding Part A form (word).
Here is the Achievement Award Part B ( word)
Here is the County Collaboration Award Form (word)
Here is information describing the county Farm Bureau program incentive.
Ohio Farm Bureau Goals
- We will foster a viable business climate for agriculture that will help all Ohioans prosper.
- We will collaborate on a water resource management plan that enhances both water quality and food production.
- We will adopt a membership model to grow membership and sustain the organization for the future.
- We will create an OFB Foundation structure that will grow revenue and help us invest in programs that will improve the quality of life for Ohioans.
- We will promote and grow our relationship with Nationwide.
- We will inspire members to build vibrant communities.