News & Events
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
he wait for sweet corn proved longer than usual this year because of the harsh winter. With fields frozen, planting was delayed, said Mike Hogan, extension educator in agriculture and natural resources for the Ohio State University Extension in Franklin County.
U.S. corn remained at 76% good to excellent, while soybean's improved one point to 73% in USDA's weekly crop progress and condition report on Monday.
The recent paper Impact of Climate Change on the Water Cycle and Implications for Agriculture has tipped higher latitude areas for more rain in winter and summer.
This is a place where Michael Pollan and Dr. Oz have never been and represents farming on a scale they have never conceived. This is farming that produces the food that most people eat, but farming that is far removed from the concepts most consumers hold of how their food is produced and of the people who produce it.