News & Events
- Five Tips on Drainage Law
- 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- How OFBF members are working to change a law affecting road access
- Animals make our lives better
- A non-partisan look at the implications of the Affordable Care Act
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
Direct sales from farms in the form of farmers’ markets and on-site stores are a growing trend in Ohio and mean more money in farmers’ pockets, said Heather Neikirk, agriculture and natural resources educator at Ohio State University’s Stark County Extension Office.
Key findings include an increase in the value of agricultural products sold in the United States totaling $394.6 billion in 2012, up 33% ($97.4 billion) from 2007. The number of farms and land in farms were down slightly, but held steady.