News & Events
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
Farmers in the region arenâ€™t planting as much wheat as in years past, but those who did enjoyed â€śa good harvestâ€ť this month with strong yields and no plant disease, reports Ed Lentz, agriculture/natural resources educator for Ohio State University Extension.
This is a place where Michael Pollan and Dr. Oz have never been and represents farming on a scale they have never conceived. This is farming that produces the food that most people eat, but farming that is far removed from the concepts most consumers hold of how their food is produced and of the people who produce it.
After discovering how factory-farmed chickens are handled, Jenny Durbin decided to raise her own chickens. Now, the village of Silverton is threatening to take away her source of eggs and the family of birds to which she's become so close