News & Events
- Growing Together: 2013 County Farm Bureau Outreach Highlights
- OFBF working on helping members deal with the Affordable Care Act
- An update on farm nutrient legislation
- Farm bill could be finished in January
- Nationwide News: New product helps farmers provide benefits to their employees
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
USA Rice Federation and the Southwest Council of Agribusiness, have urged lawmakers to maintain the current rules, arguing that farm managers play essential roles in the viability of farms.
USDA economists point to rising global GDP growth and a slight weakening of the U.S. dollar, which makes American products more competitive in the international marketplace, as reason for the strong showing again next year. The value of exports is expected to drop slightly next year due to lower crop prices, but export volume will remain on the rise.
Some ag groups are concerned that the report will allow EPA to broaden Clean Water Act jurisdiction, leading to regulation of "man-altered and man-made water bodies, including farm ditches, tile drainage and field filter strips," the National Pork Producers Council said in November.