News & Events
- Five questions to ask when approached about pipeline construction
- Newly formed Ohio State advisory team
- Workers’ comp billing system update, deadlines changing
- Board of Tax Appeals ruling that could affect you, input needed
- Ohio State Fair Land & Living Exhibit -- 2014 Schedule of Events
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
The small farm exemption came under fire in 2013 when OSHA began inspecting and issuing citations to farming operations. In 2011, OSHA issued a guidance memorandum to its inspectors asserting that on-farm grain storage and handling was not part of the â€śfarming operationâ€ť and that OSHA had the authority to inspect such facilities and enforce its rules and regulations,
â€śI think itâ€™s important for the folks to understand that thereâ€™s great profit opportunity and business opportunity in rural America. Weâ€™re about 75 percent of the land mass in the United States. The vast majority of America is located in rural areas. Itâ€™s where most of our food comes from, a lot of our water.
The 2014 Ohio Farm Custom Rate Survey found that the rates paid to farm workers and machinery operators for custom farm work have increased thanks in part to increased supply costs and the agriculture industry boom in recent years,