News & Events
- Special CAUV meeting scheduled for March 5
- A look at Ohio’s property tax system
- Do your homework before applying for federal funds for renewable energy
- EPA director discusses clean water, oil and gas exploration
- Ohio’s Grain Indemnity Fund offers protection to grain farmers
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
"Record production has meant that stock levels are higher and prices are lower, but producers will benefit from record asset levels and from new farm programs intended to cushion declines in farm revenues," Johansson said.
According to the data and Secretary Vilsack, â€śMore than one million people go to work every day thanks to exports of American-grown products.â€ť
According to surveys, about half of all farmworkers in the country lack legitimate documents and live in what's often described as a "shadow world," without legal rights. The farmers who employ those workers, meanwhile, are deeply ambivalent about this situation.
Fred Abels has seen the effect of climate change on his Holland farm and he's changed his farming practices to adapt.
Too often, when first responders arrive on the scene of a farm-related emergency, they donâ€™t have the proper knowledge, training, personnel or equipment to manage the situation.