News & Events
- Updates from Ohio Farm Bureau's 95th Annual Meeting
- Agriculture really is cool!
- Farm bill negotiations underway, Brown outlines priorities
- Important things to know for the 95th OFBF annual meeting
- Students invited to learn more about political process through Capitol Challenge
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said that Congress may need to pass a one-month extension of the 2008 farm bill to make sure milk prices don’t rise.
he Senate is not in session this week, but all conferees have been told they may be summoned to Washington for an open conference meeting on the bill on Wednesday. A Cochran spokesman said that whether the meeting takes place this week or not, "The principals continue to talk and are having substantive discussions.
Two cargoes of corn shipped to China were rejected over the weekend. This created a kerfuffle in the markets, resulting in a quick drop in prices of corn, with soybeans and wheat following.
Inside, research chefs bake cookies and cakes, whip up batches of flavored mayonnaise and pan-fry omelets and French toast — all without eggs.
Lower oilseed and grain prices have prompted a bevy of overseas buying. Corn prices have fallen to a three-year low, amidst huge and better than expected harvest reports.