News & Events
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
- Itís half a ton, itís on the loose and it wants to run. Stay calm?
- Legal tips for all purpose vehicle use
- May 2013 County Farm Bureau Round-up
- Farm payments resume after temporary suspension
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
Many farms are scrambling to meet the May 10 deadline for having an oil spill containment plan (SPCC plan) as required by EPA regulations, but Congress has quietly delayed the U.S. EPA‚Äôs ability to enforce the regulation.
Last year, the Senate passed a five-year farm bill 64 to 35 only to see it die in the House because conservatives opposed the funding levels for food stamps. Democrats believe the failure of the farm bill helped them retain the majority in the 2012 election, and are hoping for a repeat as they enter the 2014 election cycle.
California and federal public health officials say valley fever, a potentially lethal but often misdiagnosed disease infecting more and more people around the nation, has been on the rise as warming climates and drought have kicked up the dust that spreads it.