News & Events
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
Member of the News Media?
Reporters, please visit our news room located in the Media and Publications section of this site.
You’ve only got until June 3 to enroll in Acre for this year. You catch a break with DCP and have until Aug. 2 to enroll in DCP (and yes, that’s after the deadline for reporting your crops).
Savings from both plans would come in large part from reducing funding for the supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — which provides food credits for the poor — and phasing out the controversial automatic subsidies that go to producers of certain crops such as corn and cotton.
The process aims to transform agriculture waste, most of which would normally be discarded, into a renewable source of fuel.
From the feed to the table, Barton's Barbados sheep have everything organic. This means they eat organic hay and eventually need to be butchered at a location with organic credentials.
The Ohio Department of Agriculture calls the phenomenon “drift.” Agency officials investigate about 40 complaints of unintentional agricultural poisonings each year.