News & Events
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
- Your Woods, Water and Wildlife Oct. 2
PorkBridge - Optimizing Feed Withdrawal Length & Fiber Levels
Aug. 1, 2013 | 12:00 pm
The PorkBridge grow-finish education series is a distance education method that offers relevant and timely infoarmtion for people invovled with grow-finish swine operations. It consists of six teleconference sessions conducted by industry experts.
Session Content addresses daily decisions releated to the grow-finish process, including swine management, heat stress, production efficiency and feed cost reduction strategies.
Registration is now being accepted for the 2012 - 2013 session. You must register by Nov. 12 to ensure materials receipt for the first session. Follow the link to access the registration brochure.
Session dates and topics:
Dec. 6 – Strategies to Reduce Feeding Costs, John Patience, ISU
Feb. 7 – Optimizing Stocking Density in Wean-Finish Barns, Mike Ellis, Univ. of Illinois
April 4 – Managing Finishing Pigs to Improve Production Efficiency, Aaron Gaines, The Maschhoffs
Jun. 6 – Managing Heat Stress, Mark Whitney, Univ. of Minnesota
Aug. 1 – Effect of Optimizing Feed Withdrawal and Fiber Levels Prior to Marketing, Mike Tokach and Hyatt Frobose, Kansas State University
Oct. 3 – Pigs, Flu, and You, Andrew Bowman, Ohio State University