News & Events
Sheep and Goat WebEx Series
Feb. 4, 2013 | 07:00 pm
The Ohio Sheep Improvement Association and Ohio State University Extension have announced the dates and remote locations for the 2013 Sheep and Goat WebEx Programs. The Sheep and Goat WebEx Program was started in 2012 due to an increased demand for educational programming for sheep and goat producers in Ohio and other states. It will take place each Monday in February.
Using WebEx allows one presenter, from anywhere with internet access, to broadcast their presentation to a number of remote locations throughout the state. Sheep and goat producers can pick a location that they prefer and attend one or all of the presentations throughout the series without having to travel many hours.
Contact OSU Extension Personnel at the remote sites with any questions or concerns regarding the program that you are interested in attending, especially in the case of inclement weather. Cancellation due to inclement weather may also be announced on local radio stations. For more information about the Ohio Sheep Improvement Association please refer to its website, www.ohiosheep.org, or contact the OSIA office at (614) 246-8299.
Sheep and Goat WebEx Series
Monday evenings: Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Feb. 4 – Dr. Eric Gordon, OSU Large Animal Veterinarian, “Vaccination Programs for Sheep and Goat Operations”
Feb. 11 – Dr. Meghan Wulster-Radcliffe, CEO, American Society of Animal nSciences, “Artificial Insemination Techniques of Sheep and Goats”
Feb. 18 – Jeff McCutcheon and Rory Lewandowski, OSU Extension, “Managing Pastures and Hay Fields after a Drought”
Feb. 25 – Dr. Keith Inskeep, West Virginia University, “Use of EAZI-BREED™ CIDR® for Sheep and Goat Operations”
Remote WebEx Locations:
Athens County, USDA Building, 69 S. Plains Rd., The Plains, OH 45780
- Site Coordinator, Hal Kneen, (740) 593-8555, firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinton County, Clinton County Extension Office, 111 S. Nelson Ave. Wilmington, OH 45177
- Site Coordinator, Tony Nye, (937) 382-0901, email@example.com
Coshocton County, Coshocton County Extension Office, 724 South 7th St., Coshocton, OH 43812
- Site Coordinator, Tammi Rogers, (740) 622-2265, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coshocton County, TMK – New Bedford Store, 33874 St. Rt. 643, Fresno, OH 43824
- Due to lack of seating at TMK facility, attendees must bring their own chairs.
- Site Coordinator, Don Brown, (330) 897-4320, email@example.com
Fairfield County, Fairfield County Extension Office, 831 College Ave., Suite D, Lancaster, OH 43130
- Site Coordinator, Mike Hogan, (740) 653-5419, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hancock County, Hancock County Extension Office, 7868 County Rd. 140, Findlay, OH 45840
- Site Coordinator, Ed Lentz, (419) 422-3851, email@example.com
Hardin County, Hardin County Extension Office, 1021 W. Lima St., Kenton, OH 43326
- Site Coordinator, Gene McCluer, (419) 674-2297, firstname.lastname@example.org
Holmes County, Holmes County Extension Office, 75 E. Clinton St., Suite 109, Millersburg, OH 44654
- Site Coordinator, Gary Graham, OSU Extension Educator, (330) 674-3015, email@example.com
Huron County, Huron County Administration Building, Suite 1, 180 Milan Ave., Norwalk, OH 44857
- Site Coordinator, Mike Gastier, (419) 668-8219, firstname.lastname@example.org
Licking County, Licking County Extension Office, Ag Center, 71 E. Main St., Newark, OH 43055
- Due to meeting space conflicts, the Licking County site will only host Session #3 and Session #4, Licking County producers are invited to the Perry County location for Session #1. Session #2 will not be offered in Licking and/or Perry Counties.
- Site Coordinator, Ted Wiseman, (740) 670-5315, email@example.com
Logan County, Hi-Point Career Center, St. Rt. 540, Bellefontaine, OH 43311
- Due to Hi-Point Career Center holiday closure, the Logan County February 18, 2012 WebEx Program will be held at the Logan County Extension Office, 1100 S. Detroit St., Bellefontaine, OH 43311
- Site Coordinator, Tim Lyden, (937) 592-1083, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahoning County, Mahoning County Extension Office, 490 S. Broad St., Canfield, OH 44406
- Site Coordinator, Eric Barrett, (330) 533-5538, email@example.com
Morgan County, Morgan County Extension Office, 155 E. Main St., McConnelsville, OH 43756
- Site Coordinator, Chris Penrose, (937) 599-4227, firstname.lastname@example.org
Morrow County, Morrow County Extension Office, 871 W. Marion Rd., Mt. Gilead, OH 43338
- Site Coordinator, Jeff McCutcheon, (419) 947-1070, email@example.com
Muskingum County, Muskingum County Extension Office, 225 Underwood St., Zanesville, OH 43701
- Site Coordinator, Mark Mechling, (740) 454-0144, firstname.lastname@example.org
OSU Extension Regional Office and ERS Center, 16714 St. Rt. 215, Caldwell, OH 43724
- Site Coordinator, Clif Little, (740) 489-5300, email@example.com
- Site Coordinator, Mark Landefeld, (740) 472-0810, firstname.lastname@example.org
Perry County, Perry County Extension Office, 104 S. Columbus St., Somerset, OH 43783
- Due to meeting space conflicts, the Perry County site will only host Session #1; Perry County producers are invited to the Licking County location for Session #3 and Session #4. Session #2 will not be offered in Licking and/or Perry Counties.
- Site Coordinator, Ted Wiseman, (740) 743-1602, email@example.com
Shelby County, Shelby County Extension Office, 810 Fair St. Sidney, OH 45365
- Site Coordinator, Deborah Brown, (937) 498-7239, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit County, Cuyahoga Valley Countryside Conservancy, 2179 Everett Rd., Peninsula, OH 44264
- Site Coordinator, Laura DeYoung, (330) 805-4868, email@example.com
Wayne County, OARDC, Room 130 Research Services, 1680 Madison Ave., Wooster, OH 44691
- Site Coordinator, Rory Lewandowski, (330) 264-8722, firstname.lastname@example.org
Williams County, Williams County Extension Office, 1122 West High St., Bryan, OH 43506
- Site Coordinator, Flo Chirra, (419) 636-5608, email@example.com
Sheep and Goat WebEx Series is a 4-part educational series; an individual can go to all or part of the programs.