News & Events
- Northwest Ohio Ag-Business Breakfast Forum Sept. 18
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
GAPS Training- Muskingum County March 11
Mar. 11, 2013 | 01:00 pm - 04:00 pm
OSU Extension Office
225 Underwood St.
Zanesville, OH 43701
GOOD AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES (GAPS) Program
Learn about food safety on the produce farm, how to reduce risks of contamination and grow a quality product. We will be here to answer questions about the new FDA Food Safety Modernization Act DRAFT standards for production of fresh produce, about risks from water, soil, humans, handling, and how to create a cheap traceability system for your farm and more.
COST: $10 per person.
Call Mark Mechling for more information and to reserve a spot, 740-454-0144.
Receive a risk assessment workbook, handouts, and certificate of participation.