News & Events
- Drones on The Farm -- What Are the Laws? Sept. 17
- Pipeline Easement Issues Briefing Sept. 17
- Northwest Ohio Ag-Business Breakfast Forum Sept. 18
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
GAPS Training- Licking County March 11
Mar. 11, 2013 | 06:00 pm - 09:00 pm
OSU Newark Campus
1179 University Drive
Newark, OH 43055
GOOD AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES (GAPS) Program
Learn about food safety on the produce farm, how to reduce risks of contamination and grow a quality product. We will be here to answer questions about the new FDA Food Safety Modernization Act DRAFT standards for production of fresh produce, about risks from water, soil, humans, handling, and how to create a cheap traceability system for your farm and more.
COST: $10 per person.
Call the Licking County Extension Office 740-670-5315 for more information and to reserve a spot.
Receive a risk assessment workbook, handouts, and certificate of participation.