News & Events
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
- Your Woods, Water and Wildlife Oct. 2
“Maps and Apps” workshop April 24
Apr. 24, 2013 | 10:00 am - 03:30 pm
Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center
2201 Fred Taylor Drive
Columbus, OH 43210
Ohio food producers wanting to increase their markets, grow their customer base, improve profitability and increase visibility can learn strategies on how to leverage mobile media marketing during a workshop offered by Ohio State University Extension. The “Maps and Apps” workshop will teach participants how to make the most of mobile media marketing as a way their businesses can benefit from free listings on Internet maps, GPS systems and mobile apps.
- See how a business looks to mobile customers in order to improve visibility, “findability” and interaction.
- Understand how farmers and other food businesses benefit from free listings on Internet maps, GPS systems and mobile applications.
- Tap into mobile media marketing resources that make sense for specific business goals.
- Learn how to integrate maps, apps and mobile media marketing into marketing plans and practices.
The program will also offer information on other social media and mobile media marketing opportunities such as texting, coupons, two-dimensional codes, geocaching and mobile commerce.Businesses that can leverage the Internet, mobile apps and other mobile media can significantly benefit, as research shows that 75 percent of smartphone owners use their device to get real-time, location-based information such as directions or recommendations, she said. The cost is $75 per person and $25 for each additional person from the same business. Registration includes materials, morning refreshments and lunch. The registration deadline is April 19.
For more information on the workshop or to register, contact Julie Moose at 740-289-2071, ext. 223, or e-mail email@example.com.