News & Events
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
- Your Woods, Water and Wildlife Oct. 2
Ohio Sheep Day July 12
Jul. 12, 2014 | 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
Ray Family Farm
50725 Ray Lane
Producers and farmers of sheep and other small livestock can learn how to increase their farmís productivity and profitability through the latest pasture, renovation methods and sheep management processes during a Sheep Day workshop July 12 at a commercial sheep, goat and cattle farm.
The program is designed to help sheep and goat producers learn new techniques to benefit their farm operations, said Roger A. High, OSIA executive director and OSU Extension state sheep program specialist.
The day-long event will be led by experts from industry and from Ohio Stateís College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. OSU Extension and OARDC are the outreach and research arms, respectively, of the college.
This year, Ohio Sheep Day also features the ASI Eastern Region Predator Control Workshop.
The event is open to the public, although preregistration is required. Registration, which includes a lamb luncheon, is $10 for OSIA members and $20 for nonmembers, but memberships are available for purchase at the time of registration.