News & Events
Ohio Sheep Day July 13
Jul. 13, 2013 | 08:00 am - 03:30 pm
OARDC Sheep Research Unit
5743 Fredericksburg Rd.
Wooster, OH 44691
Ohio Sheep Day will offer visitors the opportunity to visit a successful sheep farming operation dedicated to sheep production in a profitable way. Sheep farmers and anyone interested in sheep management is cordially invited to attend.
This year’s Ohio Sheep Day will focus on programming to improve profitability of sheep operations. The keynote speaker will be Ohio State Animal Sciences Professor Dr. Francis Fluharty.
2013 Ohio Sheep Day topics include:
- Key components to starting a small ruminant farm
- Successful pasture and barn lambing strategies
- Successful pasture and barn weaning strategies
- Basic sheep management practices for the beginner or novice shepherd
- Internal parasite programs
- Minerals for small ruminants
- Basics of small ruminant pasture and grazing management
- Dealing with a drought- alternative feeds
- Use of small ruminants to control weeds and build fertility
There also will be a trade show where attendees can purchase supplies and equipment.
For further questions regarding Ohio Sheep Day activities, contact Roger A. High at (614) 246-8299 or by email at email@example.com.
Also check out the Sheep Grazing Managmentment Tour July 12.