News & Events
- Northwest Ohio Ag-Business Breakfast Forum Sept. 18
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
Oilseed pressing workshop Sept. 24
Sep. 24, 2013 | 01:00 pm - 04:30 pm
6588 Old Lincoln Highway
Agroecosystem Management Program invites you to Mellinger Farm for an oilseed pressing workshop Sept. 24.
The workshop will include cold-pressing seed from 8 quarter-acre demonstration plots of canola, sunflower, flax and camelina, using Organic Valley's mobile seed press.These plots are part of a project in collaboration with Organic Valley to evaluate the economic and ecological value that oilseed crops (for use as biofuel, cooking oil and more) could bring to an organic or diversified farm.
The event will include a discussion of growing these crops at Mellinger Farm, and a cooking demonstration and tasting led by Jeannine Snyder of ATI's Cafe Carmen.
The workshop will take place from 1:00 - 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 24, and will be held at Mellinger Farm (6588 Old Lincoln Highway in Wooster - just west of highway 250). Email Hannah Whitehead for more details.