News & Events
2014 North Central Aquaculture Conference
Feb. 22, 2014 - Feb. 23, 2014
The Hotel, University of Toledo Medical Cent
Register using the brochure attached to this posting
The North Central Regional Aquaculture Center (NCRAC) and the Aquaculture Associations of Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio are pleased to announce the 2014 North Central Aquaculture Conference. The focus of this conference is “Integrating Research with Real-World Experiences” so that attendees return home with information of immediate value to their current or proposed aquaculture business. The objectives of this industry-planned conference are:
- To provide relevant information immediately applicable for culture operations to positively enhance the economic bottom line of such operations.
- To provide technology transfer of NCRAC funded research projects to the NCR aquaculture community.
- To provide networking opportunities between industry, aquaculture associations, agencies, and academia to strengthen cooperation and advance NCR aquaculture.
- To connect industry to the wide array of vendors available to support their culture operations.
To accomplish these objectives, the conference steering committee has put together 12 sessions and associated topic presentations covering a wide variety of subjects of interest to NCR culturists. Also, an aquaculture trade show will be available providing insight into products & services available to culturists to enhance their operations.
Registration Fee $75 per person (Includes all Meals & Sat. Banquet)
- 12 sessions and associated topic presentations:
- So You Want to Grow Fish?
- Nutrition & Feeding
- Fish Health
- Business Planning
- Coldwater Fish Culture
- Culture Pond Management
- Aquaponics & RAS
- Percid/Sunfish Culture
- Emerging NCR Opportunities
- Emerging Issues
- Best Management Practices
- “Ask the Expert”