News & Events
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
- Your Woods, Water and Wildlife Oct. 2
Old Lease and Domestic Well Ownership Issues Briefing Marfch 18
Mar. 18, 2014 | 07:00 pm - 09:00 pm
MidEast Career and Technology Center
Buffalo campus, 57090 Vocational Road
Do you own property where an older lease signed years ago is now governed a new oil and gas project today? Discover how implied covenants and current rules/regulations provide landowners with a variety of rights covering oil and gas development. Legal optoins that could provide steps to terminate oil leases or provide opportunities to work with a developer to modify agreements are presented.
As investments or to preserve "free gas" provisions, landowners are purchasing oil and gas wells from energy service providers. Learn more about well owner responsibilities concerning liability insurance, decomission bonding, emergency management planning, facility maintenance and annual reporting requirements.
This is a program sponsored by the Belmont, Guernsey, Monroe, Noble and Washington County Farm Bureaus. For more information, contact the county Farm Bureau office at 740-425-3681.