News & Events
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
- Your Woods, Water and Wildlife Oct. 2
Arcanum Wayne Trail Historical Society Wool Textile Workshop April 5
Apr. 5, 2014 | 09:30 am - 12:00 pm
123 W. George Street
The Arcanum Wayne Trail Historical Society will host Nora Mahoney and Brenda Zarka April 5.
Brenda and Nora have been involved in the needle arts since they were teenagers. Over the years, they have completed projects of apparel, counted cross stitch, embroidery, crochet work, quilting, rug hooking and wool penny rugs. Last year they both made a wool and cotton appliqué quilt. They are currently working with wool yardage and wool felt penny rugs. Penny rugs were homemade and popular during the mid 1800s. The penny rug is named for the template that was used to cut the wool pennies.
Their creations will be on display and the workshop will consist of the history of the penny rug and demonstrations of wool applique. Attendees will also be given the opportunity to make a small project to take home for those wishing to do so. RSVP’s are encouraged for those wishing to participate, specifically for the craft portion.
For more information and to RSVP please call 692-6462 by end of March. The public is invited as well as quilt groups and youth wishing to learn about textile crafts.