News & Events
NW Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop April 29
Apr. 29, 2014 | 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
Hilton Garden Inn
6165 Lewis Commons Blvd.
Perrysburg, OH 43551
Are you interested in connecting local producers with school food service buyers and educators in your community? Attend a regional Farm to School Workshop to learn about Farm to School resources and opportunities!
Workshop sessions will be presented by OSU Extension specialists in Agriculture and Natural Resources, Community Development, Food Safety, and Nutrition and by the Ohio Department of Education Office of Child Nutrition. Each session will also include LOCAL SPEAKERS with local knowledge and experience. Sessions will provide information and resources on the following topics:
- Farm to School updates at a state, regional and national level
- Purchasing Local Foods for Schools—The Cafeteria Perspective
- Food safety related to Farm to School
- Direct Marketing—Connecting producers, cooperatives, distributors with schools
- The Education Connection—Farm to School in the classroom
- Networking opportunities
Other Regional Workshops: