News & Events
- Drones on The Farm -- What Are the Laws? Sept. 17
- Pipeline Easement Issues Briefing Sept. 17
- Northwest Ohio Ag-Business Breakfast Forum Sept. 18
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
Farming and Solar Energy April 21
Apr. 21, 2014 | 12:00 pm - 01:30 pm
180 Milan Ave., Suite 1
Farmers can learn about the benefits of solar energy systems from other farmers as well as industry and university experts at a free program organized by Ohio State University’s College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. Lunch will be provided. Speakers include:
Eric Romich, a field specialist in energy development and leader of OSU Extension’s Energize Ohio signature program, who will talk about net metering laws in Ohio.
Jess Ennis of ecojiva Solar, a Midwest company with experience in farm-based solar systems.
Randy Monhemius, who will speak about the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Rural Energy for America’s (REAP) grant program.
Representatives from Enterprise Hill and Ruggles farms, two Huron County operations that have solar energy systems operating on-site.For more information about this program, contact Romich at email@example.com or 419-310-8147.