News & Events
- 2014 Workshop on Ag Terrorism: Threats, Impacts and Challenges Sept. 24-25
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 25
- NE Ohio Farm to School Regional Workshop Sept. 26
- Agricultural Fertilizer Applicator Certification Program Training Sept. 26
- Your Woods, Water and Wildlife Oct. 2
Ohio Environmental Leaders Institute Session I
Sep. 8, 2014 - Sep. 9, 2014
Olentangy Wetlands Research Park
LEARN TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Design and lead collaborative processes that integrate science and public values.
- Facilitate constructive, respectful dialogue and decision-making on controversial environmental issues.
- Communicate effectively on complex and controversial issues.
- Partner with colleagues and peers across disciplines and sectors to align visions and goals.
- Build and participate in networks focused on effective environmental leadership in Ohio.
Session I: Engaging stakeholders in addressing complex environmental issues
Sept. 8 & 9, 2014
Enjoy an evening orientation and networking dinner at the Olentangy Wetlands Research Park Sept. 8.
Sept. 9 attend the Environmental Professionals Network breakfast at the Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center at Ohio State where the topic of discussion will be Ohioís Energy Future.
After the EPN breakfast, the OELI program will focus on interpersonal communication skills, informing and engaging the public, and methods for facilitating effective public participation in addressing complex environmental issues.
Session II: Achieving sustainability through social system change processes
Oct. 7, 2014
Join us at the scenic Highbanks Metropark and learn how to communicate complex scientific concepts to the public, effective processes for facilitating change in large social systems, and personal leadership strategies for collaborative approaches to environmental management.
Session III: A systems approach to environmental management
Nov. 11 & 12
Enjoy an evening networking dinner and stimulating discussion in Columbus Tuesday, Nov. 11.
Nov. 12 attend the Environmental Professionals Network breakfast at the Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center. Learn how communities are approaching environmental sustainability from a whole system perspective, what research tells us about what education can and canít do to change behavior, and leadership styles for managing complex systems.
Cost: Attend all three sessions for $295
Individual session rate: $125
Registration fees cover instruction, materials, and meals.
Questions: Call Mary Slyby at 614-688-3421