News & Events
You might also like
- Jumping through the hoops
- Starting our farmers market venture
- Instagram #TakeOverTuesday with Fairfield County's Derek Schmitt
- 'Town Hall Ohio' featuring Ohio Chamber of Commerce's CEO Andy Doehrel
- Cultivating a Cure raises more than $90,000
Year in Review: AgriPOWER continues to develop new leaders
Since 2008, Ohio Farm Bureauís AgriPOWER Institute training program has been developing future advocates for agriculture. This year, a class of 20 more Ohioans participated in the yearlong program, focusing on public policy issues confronting agriculture and the food industry on a local, state, national and global level.
Numerous training sessions helped the third AgriPOWER class develop important skills necessary to becoming effective leaders and advocates, including spokesperson and media training, social networking, communications and more. An institute session in Washington, D.C. also helped the class gain a valuable understanding of national and global issues.
Nationwide Insurance is the lead sponsor for the program.