News & Events
You might also like
- Young Farmers awarded free use of Kubota tractor
- County FB talks free trade with EU agriculture counselor in Cleveland
- EPA proposes changes to Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- What do Indie Women, Millennials and Kids have in common?
- AFBF Foundation for Agriculture names childrenís book of the year
Year in Review: AgriPOWER continues to develop new leaders
Since 2008, Ohio Farm Bureauís AgriPOWER Institute training program has been developing future advocates for agriculture. This year, a class of 20 more Ohioans participated in the yearlong program, focusing on public policy issues confronting agriculture and the food industry on a local, state, national and global level.
Numerous training sessions helped the third AgriPOWER class develop important skills necessary to becoming effective leaders and advocates, including spokesperson and media training, social networking, communications and more. An institute session in Washington, D.C. also helped the class gain a valuable understanding of national and global issues.
Nationwide Insurance is the lead sponsor for the program.