News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Year in Review: AgriPOWER continues to develop new leaders
Since 2008, Ohio Farm Bureauís AgriPOWER Institute training program has been developing future advocates for agriculture. This year, a class of 20 more Ohioans participated in the yearlong program, focusing on public policy issues confronting agriculture and the food industry on a local, state, national and global level.
Numerous training sessions helped the third AgriPOWER class develop important skills necessary to becoming effective leaders and advocates, including spokesperson and media training, social networking, communications and more. An institute session in Washington, D.C. also helped the class gain a valuable understanding of national and global issues.
Nationwide Insurance is the lead sponsor for the program.