News & Events
You might also like
- Statement on Gov. Kasich’s announcement of Ohio’s commitment to water quality
- Ohio Farm Bureau’s response to the Toledo water crisis
- Senate Bill 150: Separating facts and fiction
- Ohio water research and resources
- AFBF pushes back against U.S. EPA’s ‘federal land grab’
County Farm Bureau Round-up - Dec. 2010
What’s happening in your county Farm Bureau?
Below are some recent local highlights and upcoming local Farm Bureau events throughout Ohio. Click the links in each highlight to read/learn more.
See what else your county Farm Bureau is up to in OFBF.org’s county blogs.
- Northeast Ohio county Farm Bureaus are offering members multiple chances to win cash prizes for simply renewing their memberships by Dec. 31, 2010. The promotion is explained well on Ashland County Farm Bureau’s blog.
- Follow a handful of southwest Ohio farmers as they chronicle their daily lives through farmer “diaries” on Butler County Farm Bureau’s blog.
- Meet your friendly county office administrators in their videos on Belmont, Erie, Huron, Lorain, Marion and Tuscarawas County Farm Bureaus’ blogs.
- Lawrence County Farm Bureau’s annual consignment auction was a November success.
- Mahoning County Farm Bureau’s Jenifer Weaver was named Ohio Farm Bureau’s 2010 Excellence in Agriculture award winner. She is featured on Mahoning County Farm Bureau’s blog this month.
- Meanwhile, Putnam County is celebrating one of their newest additions to the Farm Bureau family. Congratulations Kelly!
Lending a helping hand
- Clermont County Farm Bureau recently served dinner at a local soup kitchen and participated in a local food drive.
- See Gallia County Farm Bureau’s recent donations to the Gallia County Animal Shelter.
- Van Wert County Farm Bureau members made donations to a local food bank.
- Warren County also took time to think of others less fortunate this holiday season.
The following upcoming meetings are being held/sponsored by local Farm Bureaus:
Dec. 17 – Ohio State University Extension is holding an Ag Outlook in Darke County at the Knights of Columbus Hall, Versailles, Ohio. RSVP is required. Details on the Darke County Farm Bureau blog.
Jan. 6 – Coshocton, Knox and Licking County residents interested in learning more about local Oil and Gas leasing will want to attend an informational meeting at Licking Valley High School in Newark. Details on the Coshocton County Farm Bureau blog.
Jan. 13 – Learn more about feeding wildlife and wild birds at a seminar held at Copley Feed in Summit County. Details on Summit County Farm Bureau’s blog.
Jan. 26 – It’s Farm Electrical Safety Day in northwest Ohio. This free event is open to all– farming members of Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative, Prism Propane, & local Farm Bureau Members of Hancock, Seneca, & Wood Co’s. Pre-registration is required. More details in this flyer from the Wood County Farm Bureau blog.