News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
- Ohio Congressional delegation involved in Farm Bill progress
- Itís half a ton, itís on the loose and it wants to run. Stay calm?
- Legal tips for all purpose vehicle use
County Farm Bureau Round-up - Dec. 2010
Whatís happening in your county Farm Bureau?
Below are some recent local highlights and upcoming local Farm Bureau events throughout Ohio. Click the links in each highlight to read/learn more.
See what else your county Farm Bureau is up to in OFBF.orgís county blogs.
- Northeast Ohio county Farm Bureaus are offering members multiple chances to win cash prizes for simply renewing their memberships by Dec. 31, 2010. The promotion is explained well on Ashland County Farm Bureauís blog.
- Follow a handful of southwest Ohio farmers as they chronicle their daily lives through farmer ďdiariesĒ on Butler County Farm Bureauís blog.
- Meet your friendly county office administrators in their videos on Belmont, Erie, Huron, Lorain, Marion and Tuscarawas County Farm Bureausí blogs.
- Lawrence County Farm Bureauís annual consignment auction was a November success.
- Mahoning County Farm Bureauís Jenifer Weaver was named Ohio Farm Bureauís 2010 Excellence in Agriculture award winner. She is featured on Mahoning County Farm Bureauís blog this month.
- Meanwhile, Putnam County is celebrating one of their newest additions to the Farm Bureau family. Congratulations Kelly!
Lending a helping hand
- Clermont County Farm Bureau recently served dinner at a local soup kitchen and participated in a local food drive.
- See Gallia County Farm Bureauís recent donations to the Gallia County Animal Shelter.
- Van Wert County Farm Bureau members made donations to a local food bank.
- Warren County also took time to think of others less fortunate this holiday season.
The following upcoming meetings are being held/sponsored by local Farm Bureaus:
Dec. 17 Ė Ohio State University Extension is holding an Ag Outlook in Darke County at the Knights of Columbus Hall, Versailles, Ohio. RSVP is required. Details on the Darke County Farm Bureau blog.
Jan. 6 Ė Coshocton, Knox and Licking County residents interested in learning more about local Oil and Gas leasing will want to attend an informational meeting at Licking Valley High School in Newark. Details on the Coshocton County Farm Bureau blog.
Jan. 13 Ė Learn more about feeding wildlife and wild birds at a seminar held at Copley Feed in Summit County. Details on Summit County Farm Bureauís blog.
Jan. 26 Ė Itís Farm Electrical Safety Day in northwest Ohio. This free event is open to allĖ farming members of Hancock-Wood Electric Cooperative, Prism Propane, & local Farm Bureau Members of Hancock, Seneca, & Wood Coís. Pre-registration is required. More details in this flyer from the Wood County Farm Bureau blog.