News & Events
You might also like
- Farm Bureau helping farmers meet their water quality goals
- Restructured Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has $10 million goal
- Protecting, improving agritourism
- Ohio Supreme Court case examines how grain bins are taxed
- A broader look at Ohio’s tax system
Gordon-Coy wins 2010 Discussion Meet
Nichole Gordon-Coy of Carrollton is the winner of Ohio Farm Bureau Federation's 2010 Discussion Meet. The annual contest tests young professionals’ subject knowledge, problem solving abilities and personal and small group communication skills.
During the finals, Gordon-Coy and three other finalists discussed the role of technology in agriculture and the views of consumers toward the food production industry. The other finalists were Shelby Brammell of Kenton, Andrew Spiker of Adamsville and Tim Street of Richwood.
Gordon-Coy receives an expense-paid trip to the American Farm Bureau Federation annual meeting in Atlanta in January to represent Ohio in the national contest. She also receives $1,000 courtesy of Nationwide Insurance, $500 courtesy of Dodge and a Longaberger basket from Ohio Farm Bureau.