News & Events
You might also like
- Senate passes agritourism bill
- Legal with Leah: Ag sales tax exemption
- Vertical Farming on 'Town Hall Ohio'
- Growing Our Generation: Telling the story of agriculture
- OFBF pushes for action on proposed CAUV legislation
Gordon-Coy wins 2010 Discussion Meet
Nichole Gordon-Coy of Carrollton is the winner of Ohio Farm Bureau Federation's 2010 Discussion Meet. The annual contest tests young professionalsí subject knowledge, problem solving abilities and personal and small group communication skills.
During the finals, Gordon-Coy and three other finalists discussed the role of technology in agriculture and the views of consumers toward the food production industry. The other finalists were Shelby Brammell of Kenton, Andrew Spiker of Adamsville and Tim Street of Richwood.
Gordon-Coy receives an expense-paid trip to the American Farm Bureau Federation annual meeting in Atlanta in January to represent Ohio in the national contest. She also receives $1,000 courtesy of Nationwide Insurance, $500 courtesy of Dodge and a Longaberger basket from Ohio Farm Bureau.