News & Events
You might also like
- Eye-opening Washington trip
- Our nationís capital in 3 days
- What you need to know about 2014 Farm Bill implementation
- Why your mineral rights might be in danger
- President Steve Hirsch discusses water quality at FSR
Action Alert: Help End Ohio's Estate Tax, call or e-mail your lawmakers today
On average, 84 percent of farm assets are land, machinery, and equipment. Burdensome estate taxes can cause the loss or break-up of family farms when heirs are forced to sell assets to pay the tax and/or administrative costs.
Elimination of the state estate tax, coupled with significant federal estate tax reforms, will allow additional generations to keep their land in farming, strengthen the rural economy and preserve Ohioís agricultural heritage.
Take action now to call or e-mail your state legislators via Ohio Farm Bureau's on-line Legislative Action Center.