News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Action Alert: Help End Ohio's Estate Tax, call or e-mail your lawmakers today
On average, 84 percent of farm assets are land, machinery, and equipment. Burdensome estate taxes can cause the loss or break-up of family farms when heirs are forced to sell assets to pay the tax and/or administrative costs.
Elimination of the state estate tax, coupled with significant federal estate tax reforms, will allow additional generations to keep their land in farming, strengthen the rural economy and preserve Ohio’s agricultural heritage.
Take action now to call or e-mail your state legislators via Ohio Farm Bureau's on-line Legislative Action Center.