News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Ohio Farm Bureau wins communication awards
Ohio Farm Bureau was recently honored during the American Farm Bureau’s annual public relations conference for several of its communications programs.
Independent media experts judged submissions from state Farm Bureaus from around the nation in multiple communication categories.
States compete in two divisions based on membership size.
For state’s with more than 80,000 members, Ohio Farm Bureau received the top honors for the following projects:
- Best Editorial Series: Jack Fisher and Joe Cornely for Our Ohio magazine’s Up Front column.
- Best Editorial: Jack Fisher and Joe Cornely for “Tough Calls,” which appeared in Our Ohio magazine and outlined the need for careful consideration of issues facing the Ohio Livestock Care Standards Board.
- Best Social Media Program: Dan Toland for efforts to communicate Ohio Farm Bureau priorities through social media and help farmers use new media tools.
Ohio Farm Bureau received honorable mentions for the following:
- Best Graphic Design: Galen Harris and Cara Lawson for their brochure promoting Ohio Farm Bureau’s Grow and Know events
- Best Feature Story: Seth Teter for his article "Generous Portion" from Our Ohio magazine showcasing farmers’ efforts to feed the hungry
- Best Communications Tool: Dan Toland for training sessions that were streamed live over the Internet to help Ohio Farm Bureau staff from across the state learn how to use social media tools.