News & Events
You might also like
- Ohio Farm Bureau AGGPAC names Kasich ‘Friend of Agriculture’
- Statement on Gov. Kasich’s announcement of Ohio’s commitment to water quality
- Ohio Farm Bureau’s response to the Toledo water crisis
- Senate Bill 150: Separating facts and fiction
- Ohio water research and resources
Five Livestock Care Informational Sessions to be held across Ohio
The following is a release from the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
REYNOLDSBURG, Ohio -- Farmers, veterinarieans and livestock haulers are encouraged to attend one of five informational sessions to be held in August and September by the Ohio Department of Agriculture which will provide an overview of the state's new livestock care standards. The two-hour sessions will be held in Allen, Highland, Mercer, Muskingum and Wayne counties.
The meetings are open to the public and will feature a presentation on the new livestock care standards as well as an opportunity to ask Ohio Department of Agriculture staff questions about the new rules.
Dates and locations for the information sessions are:
- Wednesday, Aug. 24, 6-8 p.m. Southern State Communic College (Auditorium), 100 Hobart Drive, Hillsboro, OH
- Wednesday, Aug. 31, 6-8 p.m. Ohio State University OARDC (Shisler Center Ballroom), 1680 Madison Avenue, Wooster, OH
- Wednesday, Sept. 14, 6-8 p.m. Independence Elementary School, 615 Tremont Avenue, Lima, OH
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, 6-8 p.m. Ohio University - Zanesville Campus (The Campus Center T430 & 431), 1425 Newark Road, Zanesville, OH
- Thursday, Sept. 29, 6-8 p.m. American Legion, 2490 State Route 49 N, Fort Recovery, OH
Ohio's livestock care standards affect all persons raising or caring for one or more head of livestock raised for human food or fiber, and anyone raising or caring for equine animals in the state. Rules affecting the care of dairy, beef, swine, turkeys, broilers, sheep, goats, alpacas, llamas and horses have been approved by the Ohio General Assembly's Join Committee on Agency Rule Review and will go into effect later this year.