News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Waugh named to Ohio Farm Bureau public policy department
Spencer Waugh has joined Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) as director of legislative relations. He is responsible for strengthening the organization’s policy objectives through analysis of proposed legislation and regulation. He also will represent the organization before the General Assembly and state agencies and departments.
Waugh previously was policy director for the Ohio Board of Regents, legislative aid for Ohio Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Cliff Hite, House Agriculture Committee Chairman Dave Hall and Rep. Tom Brinkman. He also served as a page in the Ohio House. Waugh is a graduate of Ohio State University with a degree in history. He and his wife, Sydney, reside in Hilliard.
“Spencer has a great deal of experience working with legislators and will do a great job helping Farm Bureau members accomplish their policy goals,” said Keith Stimpert, OFBF senior vice president, public policy.
Ohio Farm Bureau is the state’s largest general farm organization. Its mission is to forge a partnership between farmers and consumers.