News & Events
You might also like
- Stepping out of our comfort zone - AgriPOWER Class VII Session 1 blog
- Understanding of why we do things the way that we do - AgriPOWER session 1 blog
- Farm Bureau part of successful grain storage bin case
- 12 Receive Ohio Farm Bureau Federation Foundation Scholarships
- Farm Bureau opposes marijuana measure
Farm-to-Table Study program explores food system in Costa Rica
Food and animal health industry professionals, government regulators, policymakers and students have an opportunity to learn how USDA, FDA, and other international regulations are applied to the food industry in Costa Rica, where a large percent of such products are exported to the U.S. and the European Union.
The “Farm-to-Table Study Program: Costa Rica 2011,” which will take place Oct. 31 through Nov. 4, 2011, is a collaborative effort between Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica; University of Minnesota, Center for Animal Health and Food Safety and Global Initiative for Food Systems Leadership; and The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Veterinary Public Health Program.
Participants will explore the food system from the “farm to the table” while considering various aspects of animal health and welfare, food safety, food protection and security, and public health.
Learn more at www.cahfs.umn.edu.