News & Events
You might also like
- Top Ohio farm photos of the week
- Talking water issues with Congress, U.S. EPA
- Farmers testify in support of agritourism bill
- Dozens of fertilizer, pesticide certification classes now offered
- Bid now on great Foundation auction items
Taken at their word
- Energy Secretary Steven Chu in the L.A. Times on the potential impact of global warming on natural water reserves.
"We’re looking at a scenario where there’s no more agriculture in California."
- Environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in Congressional testimony when asked if he had ever said hog farmers are a greater threat to America than Osama Bin Laden’s Al-Qaeda terrorist network.
"I don’t know if that (quotation) is accurate, but I believe it and I support it."
- Former FCC economist Michael Katz stating in a National Public Radio report that government shouldn’t support rural broadband because rural life is environmentally hostile, energy inefficient and weak in innovation.
"The notion that we should be helping people who live in rural areas avoid the costs that they impose on society … is misguided."