News & Events
You might also like
- President Steve Hirsch discusses water quality at FSR
- Making Our Voices Heard on ‘The Hill’
- A closer connection to food
- American Farm Bureau leaders visit Ohio
- Nationwide News: Metal theft prevention for home and business
Taken at their word
- Energy Secretary Steven Chu in the L.A. Times on the potential impact of global warming on natural water reserves.
"We’re looking at a scenario where there’s no more agriculture in California."
- Environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in Congressional testimony when asked if he had ever said hog farmers are a greater threat to America than Osama Bin Laden’s Al-Qaeda terrorist network.
"I don’t know if that (quotation) is accurate, but I believe it and I support it."
- Former FCC economist Michael Katz stating in a National Public Radio report that government shouldn’t support rural broadband because rural life is environmentally hostile, energy inefficient and weak in innovation.
"The notion that we should be helping people who live in rural areas avoid the costs that they impose on society … is misguided."