News & Events
You might also like
- How large of an increase have you seen in your farmland property value this year
- OFBF examining CAUV formula
- From plan to policy
- ‘In it for the long run’
- Bill addresses concerns about state’s agritourism activities
Taken at their word
- Energy Secretary Steven Chu in the L.A. Times on the potential impact of global warming on natural water reserves.
"We’re looking at a scenario where there’s no more agriculture in California."
- Environmentalist Robert F. Kennedy Jr. in Congressional testimony when asked if he had ever said hog farmers are a greater threat to America than Osama Bin Laden’s Al-Qaeda terrorist network.
"I don’t know if that (quotation) is accurate, but I believe it and I support it."
- Former FCC economist Michael Katz stating in a National Public Radio report that government shouldn’t support rural broadband because rural life is environmentally hostile, energy inefficient and weak in innovation.
"The notion that we should be helping people who live in rural areas avoid the costs that they impose on society … is misguided."