News & Events
You might also like
- Farm Bureau helping farmers meet their water quality goals
- Restructured Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has $10 million goal
- Protecting, improving agritourism
- Ohio Supreme Court case examines how grain bins are taxed
- A broader look at Ohio’s tax system
Ohio Farm Bureau Statement on approval of Free Trade Agreements
"The Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) thanks members of Ohio’s congressional delegation who voted to approve the Free Trade Agreements with South Korea, Columbia and Panama. The organization is especially appreciative of the long-standing support of Ohio Sen. Rob Portman, who has demonstrated a commitment to helping Ohio farmers, businesses and workers benefit from the sale of Ohio products overseas.
"More than 12,000 Ohio companies sell products abroad with 88 percent of these firms being small or medium sized businesses. Nearly 26 percent of Ohio’s manufacturing jobs are dependent on exports and Ohio farm product exports are valued near $3 billion dollars per year.
"Sen. Portman and our other Ohio lawmakers have provided a competitive boost to the state’s economy through their votes to pass these crucial Free Trade Agreements."