News & Events
You might also like
- President Steve Hirsch discusses water quality at FSR
- Making Our Voices Heard on ‘The Hill’
- A closer connection to food
- American Farm Bureau leaders visit Ohio
- Nationwide News: Metal theft prevention for home and business
Paulding County couple appointed to AFBF young farmer committee
Buckeye Farm News
Ryan and Nikki McClure of Grover Hill were recently appointed by AFBF President Bob Stallman to serve on the organization’s Young Farmers and Ranchers Committee.
The committee is made up of 16 Young Farmers and Ranchers (YF&R) from state Farm Bureaus across the United States.
The McClures have served as co-chairs of OFBF’s Young Farmer Committee (now known as the Young Agricultural Professionals Advisory Team) and have lobbied on behalf of animal agriculture at both the state capitol and in Washington, D.C. Ryan is a fifth-generation farmer, working alongside his father and grandfather, where they raise corn, beans, wheat and cattle and have a contract wean-to-finish hog operation. Ryan is also a participant in OFBF's AgriPOWER Institute, an intensive leadership training program.
The McClures will receive training on leadership qualities, issue briefings and will hone other professional skills.
OFBF also appointed new members to its Young Agricultural Professionals Advisory Team. They represent OFBF’s four state regions, and serve a two-year term, in which they are involved in planning programs and events.
Young Agricultural Professionals are OFBF members age 35 or younger who are interested in improving the business of agriculture, learning new ideas and developing important leadership skills.
Learn more at www.ofbf.org or call 614-246-8277.
Young Agricultural Professionals Advisory Team
OFBF recently appointed four new couples to serve on its Young Agricultural Professionals Advisory Team. New advisory team members include:
- Matt and Rachel Heimerl of Johnstown (Southeast Region)
- Patrick and Mary Neill of Union City (Southwest Region)
- Steve and Sonya Quillin of Stone Creek (Northeast Region)
- Derek and Roshelle Rowe of Bucyrus (Northwest Region)
They join the following returning advisory team members:
- Kyle and Shelby Brammell of Kenton (Northwest Region)
- Chaircouple Jeremy and Michelle Evans of Dover (Northeast Region)
- Dan and Cindy Sturgill of Piqua (Southwest Region)
- Vice Chaircouple Scott and Jamie Metzger of Williamsport