News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Opinion: Animal ID column leaves questions unanswered
Buckeye Farm News
I was reading a back issue of my Buckeye Farm News (March 2008). I have some questions about the OPINION page article “Disease outbreak shows need to track animals,” by Bruce Knight, USDA under secretary for marketing and regulatory programs.
In his article, he states that the premises registration is free. However, he did not mention what the cost of “animal identification and tracing” will be. How will this tracing be accomplished?
How will “animal tracing” improve the food I eat? If I get mad cow disease 15 years from now, how will having a tracing system and a premises registration number improve my health?
~ Savery Rorimer, Cuyahoga County