News & Events
You might also like
- Young Farmers awarded free use of Kubota tractor
- County FB talks free trade with EU agriculture counselor in Cleveland
- EPA proposes changes to Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- What do Indie Women, Millennials and Kids have in common?
- AFBF Foundation for Agriculture names children’s book of the year
Opinion: Animal ID column leaves questions unanswered
Buckeye Farm News
I was reading a back issue of my Buckeye Farm News (March 2008). I have some questions about the OPINION page article “Disease outbreak shows need to track animals,” by Bruce Knight, USDA under secretary for marketing and regulatory programs.
In his article, he states that the premises registration is free. However, he did not mention what the cost of “animal identification and tracing” will be. How will this tracing be accomplished?
How will “animal tracing” improve the food I eat? If I get mad cow disease 15 years from now, how will having a tracing system and a premises registration number improve my health?
~ Savery Rorimer, Cuyahoga County