News & Events
You might also like
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
- How CAUVís formula is changing
- Ohio Farm Bureau makes new CAUV formula suggestions to tax department
2011 Year in Review -- Spreading the word on responsible animal care
The purpose of Animal Agriculture 101 is to provide a basic understanding of farm animal care and production practices, and to identify resources for local animal shelters and others dealing with complaints.
Humane officers/agents, dog wardens, animal control officers, local animal shelters/humane societies, sheriff deputies, county commissioners and others attended Animal Agriculture 101 sessions in Lorain, Montgomery, Perry and Portage counties in 2011. The course covered basic body condition, feeding and shelter/housing for dairy cattle, horses, beef cattle, swine, poultry, sheep and goats. Basic animal behavior and handling, and biosecurity were also reviewed.