News & Events
You might also like
- Eye-opening Washington trip
- Our nationís capital in 3 days
- What you need to know about 2014 Farm Bill implementation
- Why your mineral rights might be in danger
- President Steve Hirsch discusses water quality at FSR
2011 Year in Review -- Spreading the word on responsible animal care
The purpose of Animal Agriculture 101 is to provide a basic understanding of farm animal care and production practices, and to identify resources for local animal shelters and others dealing with complaints.
Humane officers/agents, dog wardens, animal control officers, local animal shelters/humane societies, sheriff deputies, county commissioners and others attended Animal Agriculture 101 sessions in Lorain, Montgomery, Perry and Portage counties in 2011. The course covered basic body condition, feeding and shelter/housing for dairy cattle, horses, beef cattle, swine, poultry, sheep and goats. Basic animal behavior and handling, and biosecurity were also reviewed.