News & Events
You might also like
- Young Farmers awarded free use of Kubota tractor
- County FB talks free trade with EU agriculture counselor in Cleveland
- EPA proposes changes to Agricultural Worker Protection Standard
- What do Indie Women, Millennials and Kids have in common?
- AFBF Foundation for Agriculture names children’s book of the year
2011 Year in Review -- Partnering on values
Ohio Farm Bureau partnered prominently with Ohio businesses sharing similar values in 2011.
OFBF and Bob Evans Farms purchased the Reserve Grand Champion Barrow at the Ohio State Fair, exhibited by Troy Elwer of Van Wert County. The $20,000 from the purchase went to Elwer, and to the Youth Reserve Program, providing youth exhibitors with funding for programs including the Outstanding Marketing Exhibitor Program, showmanship contests, skill-a-thon contests, dairy cattle program, breeding livestock program, FFA and 4-H. The hog was also processed through Ohio State University, and pork donated to the Mid-Ohio Food Bank.
An Our Ohio-themed canning basket and other related discounts/benefits were made available to members through a partnership with Longaberger. The red and orange basket, featuring a silver Our Ohio tag was retired in November.
Velvet Ice Cream pleased the palates of OFBF members who tried a new Honey Caramel flavored ice cream that was created to promote local foods. Packaging for the new flavor features Ohio beekeeper Barry Conrad and the Ohio Farm Bureau logo.