News & Events
You might also like
- Township trustees can help landowners work through line fence disputes
- What you need to know about Ohio's new nutrient law
- How deer damage permit changes will affect farmers
- Why should you join AgriPOWER? My top six reasons to apply
- AgriPOWER: Springboard to involvement, change
Healing the cuts
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio Farm Bureau is encouraging lawmakers to restore funding that was cut from Ohio State Extension and the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC) in the proposed state budget.
“The proposed cuts are huge. We need to make sure that legislators are aware of agbioscience’s impact in Ohio,” said Beth Vanderkooi, OFBF director of state policy. “Farm Bureau will be very active on this."
Both institutions help create jobs and provide a significant direct impact to Ohio's economy while supporting farmers through research and development and dissemination of information.