News & Events
You might also like
- Farm Bureau helping farmers meet their water quality goals
- Restructured Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has $10 million goal
- Protecting, improving agritourism
- Ohio Supreme Court case examines how grain bins are taxed
- A broader look at Ohio’s tax system
Healing the cuts
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio Farm Bureau is encouraging lawmakers to restore funding that was cut from Ohio State Extension and the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC) in the proposed state budget.
“The proposed cuts are huge. We need to make sure that legislators are aware of agbioscience’s impact in Ohio,” said Beth Vanderkooi, OFBF director of state policy. “Farm Bureau will be very active on this."
Both institutions help create jobs and provide a significant direct impact to Ohio's economy while supporting farmers through research and development and dissemination of information.