News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Healing the cuts
Buckeye Farm News
Ohio Farm Bureau is encouraging lawmakers to restore funding that was cut from Ohio State Extension and the Ohio Agricultural Research and Development Center (OARDC) in the proposed state budget.
“The proposed cuts are huge. We need to make sure that legislators are aware of agbioscience’s impact in Ohio,” said Beth Vanderkooi, OFBF director of state policy. “Farm Bureau will be very active on this."
Both institutions help create jobs and provide a significant direct impact to Ohio's economy while supporting farmers through research and development and dissemination of information.