News & Events
You might also like
- Five Tips on Drainage Law
- 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- How OFBF members are working to change a law affecting road access
- Animals make our lives better
- A non-partisan look at the implications of the Affordable Care Act
Taken at their word
Buckeye Farm News
- Dairy Farmer Matthew Freund in the New York Times on his business that turns processed cow manure into biodegradable flower pots.
“It’s a strange world when poop ?is more valuable than milk.”
- Oklahoma farmer Tim Bartram in a Reuters article talking about a White House budget proposal to end direct payments to farmers with more than $500,000 in sales.
“We did some figuring and would not take much to get to that cap. They are showing a real lack of understanding of agriculture.”?
- The Columbus Dispatch in an editorial on how farmers are implementing innovative practices that address concerns about climate change.
“The point is that the very complexity of the climate-change problem suggests that solutions can and will come from innovators everywhere, large and small.”
- AFBF President Bob Stallman explaining how the land and tax base provided by farmers supports rural communities.
“(Farmers) are the way rural America ?pays for its schools, often paves the roads ?and keeps sheriffs on the payroll.”