News & Events
You might also like
- Top Ohio farm photos of the week
- Talking water issues with Congress, U.S. EPA
- Farmers testify in support of agritourism bill
- Dozens of fertilizer, pesticide certification classes now offered
- Bid now on great Foundation auction items
Three new vehicles added to successful General Motors Farm Bureau member benefit
One of the most popular Ohio Farm Bureau Federation (OFBF) member benefits is the $500 General Motors (GM) discount. Three new cars were recently added to the growing list of qualifying vehicles for this discount: The Chevrolet 2013 Malibu, Camaro ZL1 and the new Buick Verano.
Dan Rapp, OFBF senior director of business development said Ohio’s program has been very one of the most successful nationwide, with 330 sales within the first 13 weeks of the program.
Other qualifying vehicles for this discount include:
- Buick Enclave, LaCross and Lucerne Regal.
- Chevrolet Avalanche, Aveo, Camaro, Camaro Convertable, Colorado, Corvette, Cruze, Equinox, Express, HHR, Impala, Malibu, Silverado, Sonic, Suburban, Tahoe and Traverse.
- GMC Acadia, Canyon, Savana, Sierra, Terrain, Yukon and Yukon XL.
“The most popular class of vehicles with our members is trucks, but some of the crossovers such as the Chevy Traverse, GMC Terrain and Acadia are also very popular,” Rapp said.
This partnership with GM also has led to local partnerships with county Farm Bureaus and local GM dealerships. One such partnership occurred in Medina County where the Farm Bureau partnered with Pat O’Brien Chevrolet for “Farmers Feed Our Needs.” The event used a Pat O’Brien truck as a collection site for a food drive that benefited the local community, and also served as a member recruitment event.
Members qualify for the discount by having a valid Farm Bureau membership for at least 60 days prior to delivery of the vehicle. Members will need to provide their membership number and zip code to obtain the $500 certificate. Certificates are available online or through county Farm Bureau offices and participating GM dealers. Members are encouraged to talk to the dealer about the offers available to them and the best way to apply them to their purchase.
Learn more about the Farm Bureau member GM discount
Get your $500 GM discount certificate (member ID and zip code needed)
Read about the Medina County “Farmers Feed Our Needs” program