News & Events
You might also like
- How large of an increase have you seen in your farmland property value this year
- OFBF examining CAUV formula
- From plan to policy
- ‘In it for the long run’
- Bill addresses concerns about state’s agritourism activities
East Region hosts innovative leadership conference for local members
Looking for a way to build your leadership muscles? Want to become more confident in your organization and personal skills? Want to learn ideas in a fun, interactive, exciting way?
Ohio Farm Bureau is presenting the East Region Leadership Conference, hosted by the counties in the East Region Saturday, March 31 at the First Methodist Church in New Philadelphia from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is open to all Farm Bureau members, not just to those in the eastern part of the state.
"This is a great opportunity for members to come to a local event to build leadership skills and still be home in time to get the milking done in the evening," said Darrell Rubel, OFBF director of learning delivery.
The conference is focused on providing workshops that are hands-on and interactive.
"Some of the very best and most valuable training happens outside of the lecture format. When people have the opportunity to interact, share ideas and put the skills into practice, it makes learning more fun, meaningful and practical," said Rubel. "We've been listening to what our members are saying and the training they've been asking for, and we've taken their top most-requested topics and brought them all together for this event. We're taking ‘the best-of’ training that our volunteers deserve and that's all about them and their success."
Those who attend the conference can look forward to attending the following sessions:
- Life in the Clouds: A show and tell session highlighting four of the most popular and useful applications or "apps" that can be used on laptops, smart phones and tablets such as the iPad that will help members to organize and share information, collaborate with others and save time.
- Public Speaking: Statistics show that public speaking is among our top fears. This class will give you basics to help overcome your fears and tips to help you be more confident in speaking to others.
- Event Planning 101: Do you ever feel overwhelmed when planning an event with all the "stuff" that needs to happen? Tired of doing the "same thing" over and over? Learn some easy ways to help you create, organize and involve more volunteers in ways that bring a spark to your next event.
- "Creating Leadership Opportunities in Farm Bureau": Looking for new opportunities and experiences? Want to find something suited to your tastes? Join us for a highly interactive session where you learn about opportunities in a small group environment with people who share your interests.
- The Myths of Politics: Do you ever get frustrated by politics? Feel like it doesn’t make sense or like you don’t have a say? Join us for a fun, fast paced and thought-provoking session that helps to uncover the myths of politics and let you know not only how you can be heard, but how you and others can make a difference.
Reserve your spot at the conference by March 17. Contact your county Farm Bureau office.