News & Events
You might also like
- Five Tips on Drainage Law
- 2014 Ohio Farm Bureau Presidents Trip to D.C.
- How OFBF members are working to change a law affecting road access
- Animals make our lives better
- A non-partisan look at the implications of the Affordable Care Act
Opinion: Perfect attendance ?matters in the workplace
Buckeye Farm News
Thank you for your Feb. 26 article “Governor calls for education overhaul.” I was involved in all phases of my grown children’s education, tutored elementary and high school students and recruited, hired and trained engineers and have one recommendation for Gov. Strickland. It is to mandate that all Ohio schools recognize perfect attendance as often and with the same importance as honor roll. I have experienced former “A” students that seemed unable to get to work every day and on time and “C” students that rarely missed a day or arrived late. It is difficult to operate a business with absent and/or late employees.