News & Events
You might also like
- Congress extends tax breaks beneficial to farmers
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
Fisher named vice chair of OSU board
Ohio Farm Bureau Executive Vice President John C. (Jack) Fisher will become vice chair of the Ohio State University Board of Trustees. His term will begin in April. Fisher originally joined the OSU board in 2006 and his term runs through 2013.
“Jack Fisher is an outstanding choice for vice chair of Ohio State’s Board of Trustees,” said Bobby Moser, vice president for Agricultural Administration and dean, College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. “Not only is Jack ‘Mr. Agriculture’ in Ohio, he is a personal friend and has been a champion for this college and this university. We are fortunate to have him in this new role.”
Fisher also serves as a member of the boards for the U.S. Feed Grains Council, U.S. Meat Export Federation, BioOhio and Columbus 2020.
He has bachelor’s and master’s degrees in agriculture from Ohio State University and a master’s in counseling from Ball State University.
He is a member of the OSU President’s Club, OSU Department of Animal Science Hall of Fame, served on the OSU Alumni Association board and has been awarded the OSU College of Food, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Distinguished Service Award.