News & Events
You might also like
- Hirsch: What we do at this meeting matters
- Ohio needs more infrastructure, food processing to meet demand for local food
- Tips for entrepreneurs overheard at the Ohio Farm and Food Leadership Forum
- Catlett tells farmers to prepare for the golden age of agriculture
- Transition Planning and Social Security Benefits
Attorneys to explore farm issues at Extension conference
Buckeye Farm News
Legal issues in agriculture will be the focus of a one-day Ohio State University Extension conference on March 25.
The Northwest Ohio Agricultural Law Conference will feature sessions taught by attorneys on Using Flexible Farm Rental Agreements, Ohio Conservancy District Law, Legal Risk Assessment Issues, Authority Over Large Livestock Operations, Farm Business Planning Strategies and an Agricultural Law Update.
The conference will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at The Lighthouse Banquet Facility, 10055 W. US 224, Findlay. Registration is $30 per person and $20 for additional family or company members. The fee covers lunch and materials. Ohio Farm Bureau is among the event’s sponsors.
Featured speakers include Bill Beach and Kathryn Mohr of Robison, Curphey and O’Connell; Larry Gearhardt and Dave Pennington of Ohio Farm Bureau; Peggy Hall of OSU Extension; and Robert Moore of Wright Law Company, LPA.
For more information or to register, log on to www.aede.osu.edu/programs/aglaw, or contact the OSU Extension office in Hancock County at (419) 422-3851.