News & Events
You might also like
- Senate makes Farm Bill amendment to crop insurance program
- Agricultural Labor Reform to be Considered by Senate
- Prepare for pipeline development increases across Ohio
- Ohio Livestock Coalition accepting nominations for 'Neighbor of the Year' awards
- Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame Inductees announced
2012 Young Ag Professionals Discussion Meet entry forms due June 29
The Discussion Meet contest is an exercise in cooperative problem solving, designed to give participants experience in leading a group discussion and in chairing a committee. Participants will build basic discussion skills, develop a keen understanding of important agricultural issues and explore how groups can pool knowledge to reach consensus and solve problems.
The first round will be held at OFBFís Leadership Conference Aug. 17-18 to determine the four finalists who will participate at the Ohio Farm Bureau annual meeting Nov. 28-30. Both events will be held in Columbus.
Ohioís winner will receive a $1,000 cash award from Nationwide Insurance and an expense-paid trip to American Farm Bureau Federationís annual meeting in Nashville, Tenn., Jan 13-16, 2013.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Learn more about the Discussion Meet contest
Listen to an episode of Town Hall Ohio with 2011 Ohio Discussion Meet Finalists
Learn more about Ohio Farm Bureauís Young Ag Professionals program
2012 American Farm Bureau Discussion Meet Final Four, Honolulu, HI.