News & Events
You might also like
- OFBF members urge legislators to take action on CAUV
- Ohio Youth Capital Challenge finalists to compete during state fair
- County Farm Bureau annual meetings announced
- Urgent: Action Needed Now on CAUV
- OFBF responds to high nitrate water warning in Columbus
Peterson moves to Senate
Former OFBF President Bob Peterson finds himself in a new leadership role. He served as a county commissioner for 14 years and in 2011 was elected to the Ohio House of Representatives. On March 22, Peterson made the move from the House to the Senate to fill the vacant seat of David Daniels who was appointed by Gov. John Kasich to serve as the director of the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
Peterson represents the 17th Senate District, which encompasses Clinton, Fayette, Gallia, Highland, Jackson, Pike and Ross counties as well as portions of Lawrence and Pickaway counties. He serves as a member of the Senate Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Committee, the Financial Institutions Committee and the State and Local Government and Veterans Committee.
Peterson was a member of the Ohio Farm Bureau Board of Trustees from 1999-2009 and served as OFBF president from 2004-2008.Photo courtesy Ohio Senate.